Thursday, November 3, 2011

n00b status (Video Games)

The transformation of video games that I have seen is tremendous. When I was younger, I was playing Sonic and Mario, now days kids are playing violent games at such a young age. One of the most popular games currently is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. This game allows the player to shoot at enemies in very life like settings. The graphics of the game really make the game so realistic.





I went to the midnight release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 just about one month ago. I pre-ordered the game for my boyfriend about three weeks before the game was released. I arrived at GameStop about 11:15 pm and waited outside for roughly an hour before receiving the game. There were about 200 people waiting, which wasn't as much as I predicted. I'm not sure if it was just the location or what it was, but it was fine by me! I could definitely tell who was the serious gamers because they were much more pumped than others.





I am surprised at the age of many children playing violent games. In order to purchase games that are rated M for Mature the consumer must be 17 years or older. This means that it is more than likely the parents are purchasing the game for them. I understand that children in high school are should be mature enough to play the game, but at the same time it makes me wonder. When I hear about high school shootings, I wonder if playing violent video games influences this sort of behavior and rampage.

No comments:

Post a Comment